Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Roleplayerbase
Notices

Thread: The Roleplayerbase

1. The Roleplayerbase 
    Everyone knows linkbook.. Or nearly everyone.
    Anyhow, at the moment the script remains unused and I thought I had a great idea to put it to use, with a few severe tweaks and edits.

My idea was using it for OOC purposes, calling it 'The Roleplayerbase', this is NOT a server like RolePlay Project but a socializing website for roleplayers everywhere, mainly aimed for people like you. People that visit(ed) servers like The Roleplay Project.
    Since people keep moving from one place to the other they lose a lot of contact with other players who wish to stay elsewhere or leave MTA. The word about anything in MTA needs to be spread over skype. Why not put it all together?

Here are a few ideas I have in mind:

You will register with a username
    Nicknames and your real name will be optional profile fields
    Famous characters

What could it be used for?

-Socializing between the people you have met on MTA or other games
    It's a great way to keep in touch if you quit playing MTA or if you play another game with people that used to play MTA aswell.

-Advertising different communities and reviewing them

-Many people think sharing their facebook account is a bit "too private". This would be a great solution.

Features:

-Roles??? A few games will be supported, unsupported games can be discussed aswell. At sign up or profile editor you can set yourself to 'scripter', if you need a scripter you can browse members and filter them.

-Share your wiki pages from other communities

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, THIS WEBSITE IS NOT FOR MTA ONLY!

My goal with this website is to keep the community together, even if you don't play MTA anymore. It'd be a great way to keep up with your old friends and play other games with them. It's also a great way to introduce new roleplayers into the community.

I'd like input on this idea, also with the following things:

-Forums??? (sections?)
    -Marketplace?? (maybe something you could use to exchange things like steam material etc.)
    -Which games should be supported? (In my mind right now; MTA, Minecraft, DayZ, GMod)
    -Should there be more profile fields?
    Any other ideas?

Your input means a lot!
    Please share this with as many people as you can!
    Last edited by Thomaspwn; 02-12-2014 at 11:24 PM.

I like it, no doubt about it. On the other hand, and this is my example only...I made a skype username for my MTA friends only, and I keep them all there, regardless of server, staff or any other role they might have on it. So it could be the easier way to stay in contact...but I know how much effort you put in your linkbook and it stays unused at the moment.

I for once have changed my interest, and now am focusing my play time on World of tanks, but I guess there are plenty more of enthusiasts out there not only interested in WOT but also in other games, and that is where linkbook might come handy...so we may better share our thoughts, opinions, experience...etc, not to mention share our MTA stories and fun moments we once had.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchika View Post
    I like it, no doubt about it. On the other hand, and this is my example only...I made a skype username for my MTA friends only, and I keep them all there, regardless of server, staff or any other role they might have on it. So it could be the easier way to stay in contact...but I know how much effort you put in your linkbook and it stays unused at the moment.

I for once have changed my interest, and now am focusing my play time on World of tanks, but I guess there are plenty more of enthusiasts out there not only interested in WOT but also in other games, and that is where linkbook might come handy...so we may better share our thoughts, opinions, experience...etc, not to mention share our MTA stories and fun moments we once had.
    Indeed! I'm really not aiming to use it for MTA, it's for the players of MTA and the people that used to play it to re-unite and keep up about IRL stories or other games they play. I know a lot of people here play minecraft or gmod aswell, why not share the vids of your youtube channel here or pics of the awesome buildings you've made?

Ex-MTA Super Admin
    Ex-Head Game Master

Please do it, would be quite interesting.
    Louis Carrozzo

Hey, when you sent me this yesterday, I forgot to respond! Yes, I like it.

Justin Rockey Dead
    Jake Smith Alive Regular
    Alina Vera Alive EMS Medic
    Emily Parker Alive Not anything yet

Everybody has already fucked off, nobody stays around, even Jevi, Weimy, Anthony, TamFire all of them have gone, Shadow has gone I believe, and so .. I promise you it wouldn't be very active..
    ..At best, you could maybe.. Possibly think of going about a business career path into making a Social Website for all the gamers and make genres for what Gamers have played what, what names they go by, and place them in the specified boxes, so I could search for friends on it that've played GTA:SA>>MTA:SA>>ROLEPLAY.
    And then it'd give me a bunch of people.
    Something like that, make it different from Twitter, Facebook & shit. Do what you want.

Just.. Focus on yourself bud, stop focusing on people who will just leave you.